The Fourth of July
The Fourth of July which means FIREWORKS! Please keep these tip in mind when you're popping Fireworks!
Firework Safety Tips
- Follow the directions on all fireworks and don't use them for anything other than what they're intended for.
- Don't attempt to alter or combine fireworks products.
- Never use homemade fireworks.
- Report illegal explosives to the nearest fire or police department.
- When lighting fireworks, always have water handy. A hose is best, but a bucket will suffice.
- Spectators should remain a safe distance from the fireworks being lit.
- Whoever lights the fireworks must be sober, wear safety glasses, and keep clothing well away from the flame when lighting.
- Only light fireworks outdoors on a smooth, flat surface, away from all flammable materials including dry leaves and paper.
- Never try to relight fireworks that appear to be duds. Wait up to 20 minutes for a possible delayed ignition. Then if nothing happens, soak the firework in a bucket of water and dispose of it.
- Dispose of all firework materials by first soaking them in water before putting them in the trash.
- Keep sparklers away from clothing and other flammable materials.
We hope everyone has a fun and SAFE 4th of July!!