Climate is a perfect environment for mold. Over growth of indoor mold can occur for many reasons, the most typical setting we find an over growth of mold is in homes that have been unoccupied for a length of time. The main reason for this is because of the lack of air movement in the home. When a home or business owner’s leave their property it is usually left lock up, window closed tight, and AC turned off. With our humid and moderate temperatures here in Hawaii a home without air movement can be a mold haven, a perfect place for it to grow undisturbed.
Mold is present in almost every environment, indoor and outdoor. It isn't of much concern until the spore count ie, how much mold is present, reaches an unhealthy level. This is when health issues can arise. Mold is not only a health concern but it can also cause rot to occur on the surface it is growing on. This can weaken framing or cabinetry and decay sheet rock and flooring.
If you find your home is in need of help due to an over growth of mold don't hesitate to call on SERVPRO of Warren County we are always here to help.